Roasted Garlic with Parsley and Lemon
Published September 11, 2016
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaft parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slide the head of garlic in half crosswise. Drizzle both sides with olive oil, combine the halves in a square of aluminum foil, and pinch the corners closed to create a bundle. Roast for about 40 minutes, until the garlic is slightly caramelized.
- Remove from the oven to cool slightly. Squeeze the cloves out of the papery skins into a small mixing bowl. Mash the garlic with the back of a fork until it starts to form a paste. This will be easier to do while the garlic is still warm. Add the lemon zest and juice, the parsley, oregano, and salt and mix to incorporate. The garlic will keep for up to 1 week covered in the refrigerator.
- Top on your favorite cut of steak right off the grill!
Awesome recipe from Michael Symon's Carnivore.