Baked Eggs with Pancetta and Mushrooms
Published February 16, 2016
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz chopped spinach (or any leafy greens)
- 6oz pancetta
- Coconut oil or butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450F.
- Melt 1 tbsp. of cooking fat in a large skillet placed over a medium-high heat.
- Stir in the red onions and garlic and cook until soft (about 4 minutes).
- Add the mushrooms and bell pepper and cook until soft and tender (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the spinach and cook for another few minutes, until the greens are wilted, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables evenly across the bottom of a baking dish.
- In the same skillet as before add the pancetta and cook, stirring, until the pancetta is browned and lightly crispy on the outside.
- Sprinkle the pancetta over the vegetables in the baking dish.
- Make 8 small holes in the mushroom and pancetta mixture. Gently crack the eggs into the holes and season to taste.
- Bake in the oven until the egg whites are cooked and the yolks are just starting to set but are still runny, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Note: You can always add more eggs for those who are hungry.
Recipe courtesy of PaleoLeap